Incumbents Remove Village-Funded Photos from Campaign Site
Following a complaint by several challengers to four incumbents' use of village-funded photos on their reelection website, the incumbents removed the photos as of Thursday, Jan. 31.
Days after a complaint was filed over four Tinley Park incumbents' use of village-funded photos on their reelection website, www.TeamTinley.com, the photos were removed as of Jan. 28, Sun-Times Media reports.
Earlier this week, mayoral candidate Steve Eberhardt, and trustee candidates Karen Weigand, Andrew DeLuca and Nancy Petro, filed the complaint with the Illinois State Board of Elections. The complaint was levied against Mayor Ed Zambrocki and trustees Brian Maher, Dave Seaman and T.J. Grady. Village Cleck Pat Rea was also named in the complaint, according to the report.
The photos were replaced by shots of the incumbent candidates at an outdoor event, with the contested photos completely removed from the TeamTinley.com home page.
Eberhardt said the main motivation behind the complaint was to ensure full compliance with the rules, and Rea agreed. However, Rea said that the removal of the photos had nothing to do with the complaint and was simply coincidental, according to the report.
Looking for more election news? Check out Patch's election coverage below: