District 230 School Board: A Pair of Incumbents Face 6 Challengers for 4 Seats
A guide to the April 2013 District 230 school board race, pitting eight candidates for four seats.
Two incumbents on the Consolidated High School District 230 school board and six newcomers will duke it out in the upcoming April election. Carol Baker and currently serve. Ben Twietmeyer, Kathleen Murphy-Peterson, Melissa Gracias, Tony Serratore, Susan Dalton and Anthony Catalano are challenging for four open seats on the board.
Early voting begins March 25. Election Day is April 9. When we get closer to the days when you can cast a ballot, we'll post links to biographical and issue-based information about the trustee candidates.
- Carol Baker (incumbent)
- Ben Twietmeyer
- Kathleen Murphy-Peterson
- Melissa Gracias
- Tony Serratore
- Susan Dalton
- Anthony Catalano
THE 'MUST-READ' STORIES
Interesting stories relevant to District 230:
- D230 Students Expected to Start School 30 Mins Earlier in August
- D230 to Start Search for Next Sandburg Athletic Director
- D230 Super: Quinn's Proposed 3% Education Cut Has 'Long-Lasting Implications'
- Texting Might Soon Be Allowed in Stagg High School
- School Rivalry Behind Stagg Brawl and Student Arrests
- Hidden Costs Could Plague District 230
- D230 Keeps Palos Option Zone, Directs D146 to Andrew
- People For and Against New D230 Attendance Zones Have Their Say (Video)
- D230 Option Zone Residents Petitioning Against New Attendance Plan
MORE LOCAL ELECTION COVERAGE ON PATCH
- 230 United: Blogger who has written about candidates for the District 230 board.
NEW TO PATCH?
Join Patch! Create a free user account and join the discussion about the future of the area. You'll be subscribed to the free daily newsletter and breaking news alerts.
Got a news tip? Email Patch editor Nick Swedberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.