Thanksgiving Restaurant Guide: Make Someone Else do the Cooking Today
Tinley Park's diners have options this Thanksgiving. We've touched base with local restaurants to see just what those options are. Here's where to go to make someone else's oven do the work on this glutenous holiday. And hey, fewer dishes for you.
Craving a buffet? Then CharleyHorse might be your ideal Turkey Day dining experience. The restaurant will be open from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. and will be serving a buffet style Thanksgiving meal. Among items on the spread are prime rib, roast turkey, polish sausage, sauerkraut, fettucini, corn, caesar salad, fruit, desserts and more.
Open from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m., Cracker Barrel will begin serving a Thanksgiving meal at 11 a.m. Customers pay just $8.99 for turkey with all the trimmings, a beverage and a piece of pie.
Durbin's will also start serving Tom Turkey and the fixin's at 11 a.m. The restaurant is accepting dinner reservations but they are not necessary. Diners can stop in whenever they want, as the business will keep its regular hours.
Just because you're not cooking a bird at home doesn't mean you have to miss out on leftovers. Luby's is serving a full Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings. Diners will have a turkey carved at their dinner tables and can take home all the extra. Groups of at least six adults are required for the turkey carving and the cost is $18.99 per adult, $10.95 per child and free for those younger than 2. Individual turkey dinners are also available for those not in a large group. The restaurant will also be serving prime rib and chicken.
Business as Usual
- JW Hollstein Saloon opens at 6 p.m.
- Caribou Coffee, opens at 5:30 a.m.
- Egg Headz Cafe, 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Bananas Grille & Bar is open until 1 p.m.
- Little Caesars Pizza (16300 Harlem Ave.) is open until 2 p.m.
- Starbucks Coffee will be open til 6 p.m. and will re-open at midnight on Friday.
- Baskin Robbins (183rd Street) will be open from 5 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Old Tinley Pub & Eatery opens at 6 p.m.
- El Famous Burrito closes at 5 p.m.
- Cuzin's Tavern & Pizza will be open from 9 a.m. until 2 a.m.
- Burger King will be open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Olympic Star Restaurant will be open until 3 p.m.
- Old Country Buffet will be open 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Steak N Shake Restaurant is open 24 hours, as usual.
- Bailey's Bar & Grill will be open from 11 a.m. to 2 a.m. and will have $10 domestic buckets, $2.50 Corona's, $3 you-call-it well drinks and $12 you-call-it pitchers. There isn't any turkey, but wings are 50 cents each.
Closed All Day (in alphabetical order)
- Al's Beef
- Ameera's Pizzeria
- Arby's (179th Street)
- Arby's (159th Street)
- Aurelio's Pizza
- Bamboo Garden
- Baskin Robbins (179th Street)
- Blackberry's Pancake House
- Browns Chicken & Pasta
- Buffalo Wild Wings
- Burrito Jalisco
- Chen's Chinese Cuisine
- Chipotle Mexican Grill
- Cottage Bar
- Diana's Kitchen
- Dragon Palace
- Dunkin Donuts (171st Street)
- Ed & Joe's Pizza
- Egg & I
- El Burrito Loco Tinley Park
- Frankie's Ristorante
- Gattos Restaurant & Bar
- Hamada of Japan
- Isabella Cafe and Catering
- Jr's Hot Dogs
- Jimmy Johns
- La Fajita Grill
- Little Caesars (inside Kmart on Harlem Avenue)
- Mickey's Ribs
- Nancy's Pizza Express
- New China Buffet
- Nick's Barbecue
- Pepe's Mexican Restaurant
- Pops Italian Beef & Sausage
- Portillo's Hotdogs
- Potbelly Sandwich Works
- Potsy's Pizza
- Quiznos, 183rd Street
- Rocco's Little Italy
- Subway (Oak Park Avenue)
- Subway (Harlem Avenue)
- Texas Roadhouse
- Tin Fish
- Tokyo Steak House
- Village Pizza
- Vito & Nicks II
If you're thinking of a restaurant that's not listed here, that means we didn't contact anyone there. Find the phone number and other information in our Places Directory.