Village Offers Sponsorships for 2013 Benches on the Avenue
Businesses and individuals can put their names behind one of this year's 20 decorated benches that will be on display along Oak Park Avenue from mid-May through Oct. 1 as part of Tinley Park's annual initiative. Find out how.
The Village of Tinley Park is accepting sponsorship applications for this year's Benches on the Avenue Fairy Tale Festival.
Introductory sponsorships, which are $895, will be available through March 11. After that, sponsorships will cost $995. Sponsorship includes the following:
- Ownership of the bench after Oct. 1
- A plaque on the bench identifying the sponsor and the artist
- Mentions on the village's and the Downtown Tinley Park websites
- A listing in Benches on the Avenue walking tour brochure, which is handed out throughout the summer
Twenty benches will be available, and they will be displayed along Oak Park Avenue from mid-May to Oct. 1. In late March and early April, sponsors will be able choose a bench artist from the winning sketches submitted on a first-come, first-served basis.
In its 10th year, Benches on the Avenue lets artists and designers create colorful displays around outdoor benches, built along a central theme. This year's theme is Fairy Tale Festival, and designs should connect to classic fairy tales. The theme for 2012 was the Magic of Music.
Two Ways to Stay Connected to Tinley Park Patch:
- Subscribe to our newsletters to have headlines and breaking news delivered to your inbox.
- "Like" our Facebook page for updates throughout the day.