With temperatures dropping and snow flurries briefly visiting the south suburbs Monday, Tinley Park is beginning to feel like it's getting into the holiday spirit.
Of course, one of the best indicators that Christmas is right around the corner is the abundance of elaborate decorations and lights throughout village neighborhoods.
Readers have been asking on the Tinley Park Patch Facebook page where some of the best holiday displays are in town. That's why I've put together a map that locates some of the neighborhoods with homes that have caught my eye.
But this just gets the ball rolling. Tell me where your favorite light-draped houses and inflatable Santa-adorned lawns are in Tinley Park. Think your neighbor has a classy spread? Have a route you and your family like to drive to see some spectacular lights? Or do you just want to draw attention to your own over-the-top holiday display that would put Clark Griswold to shame? Identify the neighborhoods and cross streets in the comments section, and I will continue to update the map through Christmas. Plus, include photos by posting them here in the media gallery.
The map has been updated, and locations with snowflakes indicate the places you shouldn't miss:
- The Christmas Parrot-ise house on Avon Lane
- Odyssey Fun World's musical light display
- The house display on Fairfield Lane with a real-life Santa on Dec. 23
Thanks to everyone who suggested these. Keep them coming!
DON'T FORGET: The Mayes house at 6618 Glenview Dr. (it's the green tree on the map) is one of the finalists for Patch's Deck the House contest. If the house wins, $100,000 will go to the schools in Community Consolidated School District 146. Vote for the house by Dec. 28.
- Village Videos: Kids Get a Bit of Christmas Early Thanks to Nonprofit Group
- Touched by An Angel: Save Energy & Save a Kid, Too
- Together We Cope Provides Christmas for Local Kids in Need
- Tinley Park High School Students Host Senior Holiday Party
- Share Your Elf on the Shelf Hiding Spots: What Has that Elf Been Up To?
- Tree Lighting Kicks Off Holiday Season in Village (Video)
Two Ways to Stay Connected to Tinley Park Patch:
- Subscribe to our newsletters to have headlines and breaking news delivered to your inbox.
- "Like" our Facebook page for updates throughout the day.
See More on Patch
- Village Videos: Time Travel to Easter 1982 in Tinley Park
- Easter Weekend: What's Closed in Tinley Park and Oak Forest?
- Village Videos: How Does Tinley Park Do the Harlem Shake?
- Hop to It: Where to Find the Easer Bunny, Egg Hunts in Tinley Park, Oak Forest
- Village Videos: Teen's Prom Proposal Adds Touch of Romance to Irish Parade