Invite a friend
Lights, Camera, Harry Potter!
The Tinley Park Public Library will host Lights, Camera, Harry Potter! on Saturday, July 23, 2011, from 6:00-8:00 p.m. Come on location here at the TPPL for a night of fun and games celebrating all eight of the Harry Potter movies. From auditions to makeup to special effects – you will be able to experience all the excitement of a movie set with your special backstage pass. Don’t forget to bring your camera to capture some memorable moments and feel free to dress up as your favorite character. This program is best suited for children in grades 3-8, but all ages are welcome. Online registration begins on June 20, at www.tplibrary.org and click on Programs and Events. Phone registration begins on June 21 at 708.532.0160 x2.
More About Tinley Park Public Library
With more than 162,000 books, 7,000 videos and DVDs, 9,500 audio recordings, 76,000 childrens holdings, nearly 400 magazine subscriptions and 43 databases, there is something for everyone at the Tinley Park Public Library. Serving more than 65,000 people in the communities of Tinley Park and Orland Hills, there are also smaller collections available of adult fiction and non-fiction in Arabic, German, Hindi and Spanish.
The current two-story, 58,700-square-foot building opened in 2004. A 60-foot bookmobile goes out daily Monday through Thursday to 45 locations in Tinley Park and Orland Hills to bring books to people who cannot otherwise easily get to the library. A map of stops can be found at http://www.tplibrary.org/BM-Map.htm
Other events here
- Tinley Park Public Library Memorial Day Closed May 26, 2013 / May 27, 2013, 9:00 am–9:00 pm
- Fairy Tale Theatre Auditions Tue, May 28, 5:30 pm–8:30 pm
- Tinley Park Public Library Board Meeting Date Change Wed, May 29, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Computer Classes Sat, Jun 1, 9:30 am–9:00 pm
- Summer Reading Club 2013 Mon, Jun 3, 9:00 am
- Outdoor Scavenger Hunt Daily, 9:00 am–8:00 pm
- Tinley Park Public Library Magazine Give Away Mon, Jun 3, 9:00 am–9:00 pm
- Outside Evening Storytime Weekly on Mondays, 6:30 pm–7:15 pm
- Sketches and Poetry: Inspired by Nature June 3, 2013 / June 4, 2013, 6:30 pm–7:30 pm
- Girls Read Tue, Jun 4, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm