The National Weather Service has issued a winter weather advisory until 6 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 1, with snow falling throughout the evening. A heavier period of snow is expected to begin by morning and continue into the afternoon, the weather service reports.
By the time the snow ends, Tinley Park and surrounding communities could receive about 4 to 8 inches of accumulation, according to the weather service.
Motorists should be especially careful driving Tuesday night after attending any New Year's Eve celebrations. Remember to call the Safe Ride Home Program if you're too impaired to drive.
Other End-of-the-Year Stories on Tinley Park Patch:
- Fart Spray, Waffle House Sex: Patch's 7 Weirdest of 2013
- Mug Shot Monday, 2013: Tinley Park's Biggest Arrests
- Tinley Park Patch's Guide to New Year's Eve 2013
- 10 Tips to Celebrate New Year's Healthy and Safe
- 6 Cool Ways to Celebrate the New Year
- 9 New Year's Eve Events in Chicago Suburbs Worth Checking Out