The village recently handed out its awards for the 10th annual Benches on the Avenue public art project.
Tinley Park's Benches on the Avenue program features work from amateur and professional artists around the area. This year's benches will be on display through Oct. 1 along Oak Park Avenue in downtown Tinley.
Here's a look at this year's winners:
- Judge’s Choice: Jennifer Lilly, Little Red Riding Hood
- Best First-Time Participant: Amanda Cichoracki, The Princess and the Pea
- Best Portrayal of a Theme: Nick Schulien, Jack and the Beanstalk
- Best Use of Materials: Babeth Kopf, The Wizard of Oz
- Most Creative: Marty Rose and Don Zak, Beware of the Sugar Sweet Lair
- Best Family Project: Garrett Gray and Phillip Gerk, Who’s Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?
- Best Group Project: Illinois Institute of Art’s Tinley Park Team, Where the Wild Things Are
- Best Young Artist: Lizette Marcin Lehmans, The Lorax
The awards were announced Aug. 24 during the Music in the Plaza at Zabrocki Plaza and were presented by Mayor Ed Zabrocki and Mike Clark, chairman of the Tinley Park MainStreet Commission.
YOUR TURN: Which bench has been your favorite this year? Why? Share your thoughts in the comments section.