Area residents will have an opportunity to enjoy a variety of world-class performing artists, including Radio Days, a tribute to Johnny Cash and a master illusionist, as Lincoln-Way High School District 210 resumes its popular Senior Series, Spotlight Series and Children’s Series for the 2011-2012 season.
“This is another great opportunity for our community to enjoy the arts in their own back yard,” said Supt. Lawrence A. Wyllie, who is pleased to open all four Lincoln-Way schools to the community for theatrical and musical performances.
The combination of performing arts series offers something for everyone, with the Senior Series appealing to senior citizens, the Spotlight Series appealing to families and the Children’s Series appealing to youngsters.
Upcoming performances for the 2011-2012 Senior Series season include:
- Sister Robert Anne’s Cabaret Class – the newest of the smash hit “Nunsense” musicals, featuring street-wise Sister Robert Anne who teaches the art of cabaret. 11 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 5. Tickets are $10.
- The Fabulous ‘40s Patriotic Tribute Show – an uplifting show that will take audiences back to the feelings and euphoria of being at a USO Show in the 1940s. 11 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 9. Tickets are $10.
- The Four Aces – an internationally acclaimed group that takes audiences back to the glorious days of the 1950’s and 1960’s with such tunes as Love is a Many Splendored Thing, Three Coins in a Fountain, Dream, Stranger in Paradise and Mr. Sandman. 11 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 15. Tickets are $12.
- A Couple of Blaguards – an ingenious and loving recollection by award-winning authors (and brothers) Frank McCourt (Angela’s Ashes) and Malachy McCourt who grew up in poverty in Ireland. Seasoned performers Howard Platt and Jarlath Conro bring the tales alive with their ferocious humor and a parade of colorful characters. 11 a.m. Wednesday, March 14. Tickets are $10.
- Mitch Seekins Sings the Great Tony Bennett – a show celebrating the music and accomplishments of the legend himself. 11 a.m. Wednesday April 4. Tickets are $12.
Tickets to Senior Series performances may be purchased by contacting Denise Adducci at 815-534-3240. To download an order form, visit the district’s website at www.lw210.org/seniorseries.