We at Patch believe there are two kinds of people— those who love us and those who haven’t found us yet.
So on Wednesday, May 30, we'll be pounding the glorious Tinley Park pavement to spread the word. How, you ask? By stopping in nonprofit organizations, like on Oak Park Avenue, popping into businesses to hand out freebies and introduce ourselves, and most importantly, mingling with perfect strangers during our journey.
To give you a preview of the fun—it includes handing out a free gift card to anyone who utters the secret word, "Zabrocki", to Patchers who are out and about that day—I'm kicking off a daily scavenger hunt.
If you can identify where the photo was taken that accompanies this story, you get free coffee from Patch in the form of a Starbucks gift card. Since I'm a native to the north suburbs, we're starting this weeklong game with a painting that includes an elusive man sporting a Cubs hat and carrying a lightsaber. I guarantee you, he's right here in your backyard.
The Skinny on Tour de Patch:
- Keep an eye out and join us May 30 as we tour the Tinley community. We’ll be pretty easy to find, as we’ll be decked out in our bright green Patch gear.
- If you see Patchers in Tinley Park, tell us the Secret Word, and win one of our , iTunes or cards. We'll have other prizes, too, including T-shirts, Patch pens and magnets and more.
- Throughout the day, you can stop by our home base at Together We Cope to say hello.
- Would you like us to visit your office? Your restaurant? Your nonprofit organization? Let us know! Tell us in the comments and will rain goodies down upon you and your co-workers.
- Be ready to pose for pictures, or even get in on one of our videos.
Let’s enjoy this village.
See you on tour!