Summit Hill School District 161’s 2013-2014 Kindergarten registration drive is set for Tuesday through Thursday, February 5, February 6, and February 7, 2013. Parents may access the Summit Hill website at www.summithill.org to review the checklist of documents needed for registration. Parents may register their child at Dr. Julian Rogus School, 20027 South 88th Ave., in Frankfort. Registration is from
4 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the school gymnasium. Parents have the option of enrolling their kindergartner in the Extended Day program which is from 8:45 a.m. – 2:15 p.m., or the Half-Day program which runs from 8:45 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. Registration fees for the Extended Day and Half Day programs are to be determined. Payment options will be available.
Parents will need to present an official birth certificate (with certification seal from the county). Students must be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2013. If applicable, proof of legal custody would include presentation of a court order or decree for legal guardianship, proof of legal custody through public aid documents, or proof of foster care.
To prove residency, one document must be provided from Category 1 and two documents from Category 2.
Category 1 includes:
- Most recent property tax bill (homeowners) showing parent as taxpayer
- Mortgage papers or mortgage coupon book (homeowners)
- Closing papers - Closing must have occurred before registration
- Signed, dated, and notarized lease agreement and proof of last month's payment (renters)
- Housing letter (military personnel)
- If parent is not the actual homeowner, the owner of the property and the parent must prove residency by providing ONE document from Category 1 and TWO documents from Category 2.
Category 2 includes:
- Most recent gas/electric/water bill or official start notice
- Current driver's license/state ID
- Current vehicle registration
- Current homeowners/renters insurance policy
- Current public aid card
Upon completion of residency verification, parents will be given a username and password to access the online registration form. Parents can pay the registration fee online via credit/debit card. Yearly milk may be purchased as well. Payment plans are available. For additional information, please call 815-469-9103.