.

Cooking Device Causes Small Deck Fire at House on 71st Court

Tinley Park firefighters put out a blaze early Thursday morning that started on the covered, attached deck of a house in the 17200 block of 71st Court.

Firefighters from the put out a house deck fire early Thursday morning that was caused by a cooking device, Chief Ken Dunn said.

No one was injured, and most of damage was confined to the deck and the device, Dunn said.

Crews responded to a call at 3:48 a.m. about a fire in the back of a house in the 17200 block of 71st Court, Dunn said. Upon arrival, firefighters saw the blaze was on the covered deck, which was attached to the house, and were able to extinguish it quickly, he added.

The fire appeared to have started because combustible materials were too close to the cooking device, which appeared to be built into the deck, Dunn said.

 

Two Ways to Stay Connected to Tinley Park Patch:

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something