A flatbed truck slammed into the side of a car at the intersection of 191st Street and Harlem Avenue around 4:30 p.m. Thursday. The car was in the left turn lane going south on Harlem when the truck in the same turn lane struck the driver’s side of the car. Traffic is blocked in all directions except for west on 191st Street. Backups are considerable going south on Harlem and east on 191st Street.
Rescue crews on the scene used extrication tools to remove the driver from the damaged car and onto a stretcher. The Tinley Park Fire Department and Trace Ambulance responded to the accident.
A uniformed woman is directing traffic at the intersection after checking on the drivers’ conditions.
Return to Patch later for further updates.
Check Out Our Police and Fire Section for More Stories:
- Report: Driver Gets 6 Months in Jail for Crash That Killed Frankfort Teen
- Sentencing for Painted Pastures Owner Delayed; Case's Prosecutor Accused of Biting Man
- Blotter: Guard Rewarded With Throat Punch From Guy He Saved From Beating
Two Ways to Stay Connected to Tinley Park Patch:
- Subscribe to our newsletters to have headlines and breaking news delivered to your inbox.
- "Like" our Facebook page for updates throughout the day.