Wanted for Child Support Delinquency, March 30

The Cook County Sheriff has arrest warrants out for these accused "deadbeat dads" in the south suburbs.

The following warrants for failure to provide child support were listed by the Cook County Sheriff's Office as of March 29:


Raymond Kluth, 51, of the 18300 block of Martin Ave., in Homewood owes $40,939.48 in child support payments.


Anthony Winston, 44, of the 800 block of Maple Road in Flossmoor owes $41,027.33. 

Orland Park

The last known address listed for Larry Multon Jr., 35, is in the 8600 block of West 167th Street in Orland Park, according to county records. He owes a total of $37,676.59 in child support payments.

Orland Hills

Sheriff's deputies list Kenneth Powers, 29, as most recently living in the 15900 block of South Haven Avenue in Orland Hills. His child support tally as of March 29 was up to $3,038.00.

Chicago Heights

Adrian Durden, 42, had $72,854.10 in child support payments racked up as of March 29. His last known address was in the 900 block of East 17th Street in Chicago Heights.

Oak Forest

Authorities have also listed Christopher Dillon, 40, of the 16500 block of Barton Lane in Oak Forest, as being delinquent on child support payments. He owes $62,677.00.

If you have a tip on their whereabouts, call 708-865-4902 or email fugitive.warrants@cookcountyil.gov. The sheriff's department says you should not try to apprehend anyone yourself.

Jennifer Jenness Daly March 30, 2012 at 12:27 PM
Keep posting pictures. Maybe public pressure will force these dead beats to pay up! There kids deserve it.
Jennifer Jenness Daly March 30, 2012 at 12:28 PM
Their kids deserve it.
Carrie Frillman March 30, 2012 at 12:32 PM
Thanks for the feedback, Jennifer!
Anthony C Wilson March 30, 2012 at 01:50 PM
Andrea Williams March 30, 2012 at 03:01 PM
Great feature!
Alan Perkaus March 30, 2012 at 03:58 PM
My question would be; Does anyone check for drivers licence or ssn to see where these dead beats are? I know they can't renew the drivers, foid or a fishing licence in IL. without a flag being thrown.
Darlene Grigus March 30, 2012 at 04:12 PM
This school be a regular post. I'm going through a divorce now and my soon to be ex is trying his best to minimize what he will pay me for three children after moving out of state. I have no doubt he will stop paying after the divorce is final. And yes there are ways of tracking down the offenders, but much of the work is the responsibility of the other parent. This can be expensive, time consuming, and stressful.
Mia March 30, 2012 at 05:08 PM
What you need to mention is that it is not ALL child support money. The state charges interest and keeps it. How does the state get to charge interest payments on money that isn't even theirs? My ex is all paid up on his child support but is still paying the state of Illinois interest. Where's my interest? I am the one who paid the lawyer to get this going. I did not even go through the state. They take it upon themselves to pick up these cases and keep all the interest on MY money that they collect. Illinois child support sucks!!!!!!!!!!
angela moore March 30, 2012 at 05:27 PM
I like i like unfortunately the real victims are the children. I am blessed to live in a state that enforces child support whether the parent is working or not. I feel it should be enforced in every state besides mines, Michigan. It just sickens me that all these dead beat men make kids and don't take care of them. I think they should just build a prison for all the dead beat and just lock all them up together and throw away the key.
rich March 30, 2012 at 08:10 PM
and I want to feed and take care of them why .find some place else for them deport or bring back chain gang
joe March 30, 2012 at 09:28 PM
really!! no dead beat moms. only dads!!!
Sara Waters March 31, 2012 at 07:10 AM
Mia you bring up a good, valid and interesting point. Back when I was growing up fathers were not required to pay child support. (which I firmly believe is why a lot of women stayed in bad marriages) I know some men would threaten to walk away without leaving the wife a dime if she filed for divorce. The treatment of "divorcees" was horrible at best. Other housewives alienated them and they were basically social outcasts (maybe not everywhere but in my neighborhood they were) It was those women who had to go to the state, city, county govt to fight to get what rightfully belonged to their children. I think it's great that men (and yes there have been some cases) would try to get fired from jobs to avoid paying, but the law automatically removes it from unemployment. Now why does the state charge interest? I don't know. It's kinda messed up. I wonder if it's an old issue that stems from the initial creation of child support payments when the govt offices actually had a role in making sure families were paid appropriately. The interest does belong to you, because you and everyone else who's former spouse was late with paying did not have any money coming in while waiting. This would make a very good topic of debate during the next Governor's election. I am sure you won't have a problem finding enough women to sign a petition.
Lynn Castiglione March 31, 2012 at 02:54 PM
I would guess that these deadbeats would not bother with renewing a driver's license, obtaining a foid card or applying for a fishing license...
Renee Kutsulis Boglio March 31, 2012 at 03:20 PM
Recently divorced husband suppose to pay 250 dollars a month As of january 2012 Received. 1 payment on March 8 th 2012.of 200 dollars he could not give the full 250 dollars. And this is for 2 kids. soon his name will be on the list for dead beat dads 1
joe March 31, 2012 at 05:13 PM
welcome to the system renee, it will cost you more in legal fees than what you are going to get!!! And your lawyer knows that,but you will keep paying.The laws will protect your ex more than you!!!
Bob March 31, 2012 at 06:20 PM
This subject is a lot more complex than it appears.The way the system is set up, there's virtually no accountability for the custodial parent to spend the child support on the child, and that's simply not fair either to the children or the non-custodial parent. A fair system would demand that the custodial parent supply what amounts to an "expense report" for what they are spending for the kids, and an escrow account would disperse funds accordingly. I know it's annecdotal, but I've know too many non-custodial parents who lavish on themselves from "child support", and often their "significant other" who's shacking up with the parent in front of the kids, while the kids go hungry and are forced to walk around dressed like street rats. Please notice that I've made this post gender neutral. In our liberated society it's not unusual for the woman to be better compensated than the husband, and for the father to be the custodial parent. The sword cuts both ways. I know there are useless, cheap deadbeats out there who cheat the kids out of their due fro no rason other than aner, bitterness and irresponsibility, but more often than not the root cause of the resentment is the spending habits of the custodial parent. I agree with most of the posters that the lawyers, and the state coffers, are the primary beneficiaries of the current system. Perhaps a less judiciary system not unlike credit reporting and bank escrow management, would be a less expensive and fairer system
Bob March 31, 2012 at 06:27 PM
Failure to fund the escrow account would result in the same actions that failure to pay debt would incur...especially turning the account over to a collection "attack dog" agency. They're far more motivated than the state and once they latch into you... LOOK OUT! This would be especially true if the "harrassment" provisions of state law were waived in the event of child support deficiency. There could also Federal statues thorugh interstate banking that would allow corrective action accross state lines, and also invovle using Federal information from the IRS and SSC to track down deadbeats. Now THAT could be interesting!
wren April 01, 2012 at 01:31 AM
i could name one that belongs here!!!
SHUSSBAR April 01, 2012 at 12:35 PM
We can find Bin Ladden and other terrorists across the world but we can t find a bunch of coward losers in the country? Shame.
mom April 01, 2012 at 01:00 PM
It is about the kids. They did not ask for you as parents. Unless there is abuse or some kind of substance abuse in your marriage you need to stay together untill the kids are 18. Im sick of lame exscuses for divorce. Being a deadbeat mom or dad is a consequence of divorce. It is not about you. Pray together with your spouse and watch what God can do!
Sara Waters April 01, 2012 at 04:18 PM
Mom, you would rather a child be brought up in a loveless home? All that does it show the child to not love their future spouse. I was raised in a home with two parents who had zero business being together and even less having children. They stayed together until death did them part. All that did was guarantee me not to marry. People fall out of love with each other. I'd rather a child be brought up in a home that was filled with love and respect rather than hate and feelings of resentment of the parents towards each other feeling they have to stay together. Maybe there shouldn't be child support and each parent gets 50% of the time with their kids. I'd prefer that. You can't be a parent 4 days a month which is what most fathers are allowed to see their children. I wonder how many dads would sign up for 50% (no matter how you decide to split, 1/2 weeks, week on week off etc) instead of feeling nickle and dimed to pay for their ex wife to raise their children.
joe April 02, 2012 at 12:10 AM
well said sara!!!! As a divorced father i would approve of the 50/50 rule. I never signed up to be a part time dad!!
Sara Waters April 02, 2012 at 12:20 AM
I don't know a couple that got divorced that either one is a stay at home parent. So if you both work, why not share custody. Obviously, the cost of sports or other activities your kids are involved in should be discussed and payments worked out. I often think the ugliness of the divorce aspect comes from the deciding how much child support is. I'm a firm believer of when you end things, what's mine before the partnership is mine. Anything bought together should be worked out amiccably (really, do you want that blue bowl I got from Kohl's, probably not) Remember to love the kids and any bad mouthing and fighting from either parent makes that parent look like butthead. No matter what happened between you, your ex is still your child's parent and they shouldn't have to hear how much you hate them.
zula 5 April 02, 2012 at 05:12 AM
Then dont get a divorce duh
zula 5 April 02, 2012 at 05:20 AM
Divorced women are so bitter even when they get their support payments.
Sara Waters April 02, 2012 at 01:38 PM
Zula - No one is happy when it comes to divorce. I know more divorced men than women and they are plenty bitter. I don't think I have ever met someone to jumped and cheered their family is not together.
Lauren Traut (Editor) April 03, 2012 at 04:28 AM
@Charlie — Thank you for your honest account and contribution. I removed your comment from the site, as it promoted self-harm. Our Terms of Use require that users refrain from promoting any kind of violence or physical harm—against others, or in this case, harm to oneself. You're welcome to resubmit the comment, without mention of suicide. Thank you, Lauren Traut Associate Regional Editor
Steven Glass April 04, 2012 at 03:22 AM
When I was paying support, I remember times when I had like $3 left for gas for the week. On those weeks, I would have to use vacation days to stay home so I wouldn't have to drive thus save gas on my 4-cylinder car. I eagerly looked forward to Wednesdays and 1 weekend a month to see my child. Times were very rough but God held my hand and with his help, I made it through.
Carrie A. April 04, 2012 at 04:30 AM
http://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/2012/01/13/an-estimated-50000-persons-are-kept-in-jail-or-in-prison-on-any-given-day-in-the-u-s-for-child-support-arrears/ “…an estimated 50,000 persons are kept in jail or in prison on any given day in the U.S. for child s pjmedia.com I was working on some continuing education articles today on legal issues and came across the case of Turner vs. Rogers that I thought would be of interest to readers here. In this case (which exami
Erik September 24, 2012 at 03:26 PM
I am all paid up on child support but the sdu says I owe 7500. And I have been trying for over a year to contact them with no luck. Sit on hold for 45min and they hang up or just hang up right away...call back later. Yet they keep charging interest. My ex agrees I am current but that doesn't seem to matter. Had to hire a lawyer and she got no where either. The lawyer contacted the attorney generals office but they said they are to busy to deal with it. I have been divorce for ten years and that was the first notice I received claiming I owe anything. Again the interest keeps adding up from ten years ago. I am at a loss and I can't even file my tax return because I got a letter saying they are going to keep it and possibly suspend my drivers license etc. Any recomendations on what I can do?


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »