The first snowfall of 2014 had some Tinley Park residents grumbling about all that white stuff clogging up the roads.
READ: Find Out How Much Snow to Expect During Your Tuesday Morning Commute
Thankfully, that's where tax money goes, to paying for plows to remove snow from the road. Sometimes, though, roads aren't plowed to residents' liking, and people who live in Tinley Park get mad at village government
But should they?
That depends, because the Village of Tinley Park isn't responsible for plowing all the roadways that run through its boundaries. Those duties can fall to the State of Illinois and Cook County. In some cases, Will County and the three townships within Tinley's village limits—Bremen, Frankfort and Mokena—also share the responsibility.
READ: Find Out How Tinley Park Has Handled This Winter's Snow Events
With 1 to 3 inches of snow expected Tuesday (and let's face it, more snow will be expected the rest of this winter and future winters until 2028, when dramatic climate change will transform the Chicagoland area into the American Riviera), we've listed and mapped the Tinley Park streets that are not plowed by the village, thanks to the .
Now you know the proper taxing body to direct your anger at. Or praise (we can dream, can't we?).
Roads Plowed by the StateRed on the map
- Harlem Avenue
- Oak Park Avenue (north of 159 Street and south of 183rd Street)
- 159th Street
- LaGrange Road
Roads Plowed by Cook and Will CountiesBlue on the map
- Oak Forest Avenue (from Ridgeland Avenue to 167th Street; Cook County)
- Ridgeland Avenue (between Oak Forest Avenue and Route 30; Cook County)
- 80th Avenue (between 159th Street and 183rd Street; Cook County)
- 84th Avenue (Cook County)
- 167th Street (east of Harlem Avenue; Cook County)
- 171st Street (west of Harlem Avenue to LaGrange Road; Cook County)
- 175th Street (east of Oak Park Avenue to Central Avenue; Cook County)
- 179th Street (west of 94th Avenue to LaGrange Road; Cook County)
183rd Street (west of Harlem Avenue to LaGrange Road; Cook County)
80th Avenue (between 183rd Street to 191st Street; Will County)
191st Street (Will County)
- 183rd Street (west of Harlem Avenue to LaGrange Road; Cook County)
- 80th Avenue (between 183rd Street to 191st Street; Will County)
- 191st Street (Will County)
Roads Plowed by TownshipsPurple on the map
- 88th Avenue (south of Brookside Glen Subdivision; Frankfort Township)
- 88th Ave (south from 191st Street for about a quarter of a mile; Mokena Township)
- 179th Street (about 800 feet west of Oak Park Avenue; Bremen Township)
- Parts of Kimberly Heights subdivision (Bremen Township)
SOURCE: Village of Tinley Park