The filing date for the April 9 election has passed, and one member of the Bremen District 228 Board of Education faces objections to her candidacy. Current board president, Deb Stearns, will appear before the Education Officers Electoral Board on Friday, Jan. 11.
Stearns, and possibly other Bremen School District 228 Board of Education candidates, will attend a special meeting 9 a.m. Jan. 11, at the district offices. The electoral board will hear the objections to Stearns' candidacy and then determine if she will remain on the ballot.
Stearns is one of six candidates who filed for the April 9, 2013 election. Candidates include:
- Larry Canning, Tinley Park
- Evelyn M. Gleason, Midlothian*
- Leslie Joy Jones, Markham
- Deborah Stearns, Oak Forest*
- Java Rogers, Hazel Crest
- Marc A. Turner, Country Club Hills*
* denotes incumbent candidate