Football isn't the only sport going into the postseason for Tinley Park high schools. Teams for boys soccer and girls volleyball have their sights set on some playoff glory.
Patch is tracking the progress of those student-athletes from Tinley Park, Andrew and Lincoln-Way North high schools this fall, but we can always use some help from fans. Here's what you can do:
- Post game updates and show your school spirit here and on the Tinley Park Patch Facebook page.
- Share photos and videos from games and meet here, on our Facebook page or in the Neighborhood Gallery.
- Follow a certain team? Write about how it's doing in our Local Voices section.
- Andrew: The No. 14 Thunderbolts lost to No. 3 Stagg, 25-17, 25-10, in the 4A Palos Heights Regional at Shephard on Tuesday, Oct. 23.
- Lincoln-Way North: The No. 9 Phoenix lost to No. 7 Lincoln-Way Central, 25-13, 25-10, in the 4A Frankfort Regional at home on Tuesday, Oct. 23.
- Tinley Park: The No. 4 Titans lost to No. 5 Chicago High School of Agricultural Science, 22-25, 25-22, 25-20, in the regional championship Thursday, Oct. 25.
Tinley Park: The Titans lost to St. Laurence, 3-1, in the 2A New Lenox Sectional at Lincoln-Way West. Read the Sun-Times Media story for full details.
The loss ends Tinley Park's impressive postseason run, which earned the school its first-ever regional championship title in boys soccer.
YOUR TURN: Congratulate the Titans on their playoff performance in the comments section. And show your support and cheer on the other teams there as well.
- Andrew: The Thunderbolts, the No. 2 seed, lost to No. 15-seededHomewood-Flossmoor, 3-2, in a shootout Tuesday, Oct. 16, in the 3A Tinley Park Regional at home.
- Lincoln-Way North: The Phoenix, the No. 14 seed, lost to No. 3-seededLincoln-Way East, 1-0, in double-overtime Tuesday, Oct. 16, in the 3A Frankfort Regional at L-W East.
Boys Cross Country
- Andrew: The Thunderbolts placed fourth in regionals, which were held at the school Saturday, Oct. 20. No runners were in the top 5.
- Lincoln-Way North: The Phoenix placed third in regionals at Andrew on Saturay Oct. 20. No runners were in the top 5.
- Tinley Park: The Titans placed sixth in regionals at Illiana Christian in Lansing on Oct. 20. No runners were in the top 5.
Girls Cross Country
- Andrew: The Thunderbolts placed third in regionals, which were held at the school Saturday, Oct. 20. No runners were in the top 5.
- Lincoln-Way North: The Phoenix placed second in regionals at Andrew on Oct. 20. No runners were in the top 5.
- Tinley Park: The Titans placed third in regionals at Illiana Christian in Lansing on Oct. 20. Gel LaFemina placed fifth overall with a time of 20:02.
Girls Tennis (State Final)
Andrew: Shari Coughlin and Alex Giesey lost Thursday, Oct. 18, in their first-round doubles match against Allie Kemph and Jackie Kemph of Rolling Meadows, 6-0, 6-0. The two then defeated Marisa Uhls and Katie Wall of Mt. Vernon, 6-3, 7-5. Coughlin and Giesey were eliminted in the second consolation round to Kayla Guenther and Molly Angell of Ottawa Township, 6-1, 7-5.
Lincoln-Way North: Olivia Knuth lost Thursday, Oct. 18, in her first-round singles match against Courtney Lang of Hoffman Estates, 6-3, 6-2. She then lost to Mimi Latronico of Pekin, 6-0, 6-4, in a first-round consolation match.
In doubles, Sam Pietruszynski and Randi Slager lost Thursday's first-round match to Andrea Goyao and Megan Conlin of Rosary, 6-0, 6-2. The two then defeated Meghan Mediratta and Tiffany Ding of Auburn, 6-3, 7-5, in their first-round consolation match. Pietruszynski and Slager eventually lost to Anna Reimers and Amanda Glavin of Waubonsie Valley, 7-6 (6), 6-3, in their second-round consolation match.
Also in doubles, Gina Sipka and Kim Stremme lost Thursday to Rachel Siemon and Kelsey Laktash of South, 6-1, 6-3, in the first round. They then lost to Alexis Silkwood and Claire Morrissey of Marquette, 6-0, 6-2, in their first-round consolation match.
Tinley Park: Haley Wilcox lost her first-round singles match Thursday, Oct. 18, to Katherine Farris of Glenwood, 6-2, 6-2. She then lost her first-round consolation match to Caitlin McCarthy of Woodlands Academy, 6-4, 4-6, 6-2.
Other Sports Stories You Might Like:
- High School Football Playoffs: Who Matches Up With Tinley's Teams?
- High School Football HQ: Tinley Teams Finish Regular Season Strong
- Andrew Football HQ: T-Bolts Defense Shuts Out Thornton
- L-W North Football HQ: Phoenix Soars Into Playoffs With Win Over Stagg
- Tinley Park Football HQ: Titans' Big Win Means They're Playoff Bound
- Bears vs. Lions: Can You Guess the Final Score?
- Is This the End of Sports? Chicago Gets a Bikini Basketball Team (Poll)
Two Ways to Stay Connected to Tinley Park Patch:
- Subscribe to our newsletters to have headlines and breaking news delivered to your inbox.
- "Like" our Facebook page for updates throughout the day.