Bridal Showcase Helps You Plan the Perfect Wedding
Come early to the Tinley Park Bridal Showcase to talk with exhibitors on everything you need to know to plan and stage your ideal wedding. The free event also will have drawings for Sybaris gift certificates, a $500 wedding cake, a groom's golf outing and more. The show, which runs from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 25, is at the VFW Bremen Post, 17147 S. Oak Park Ave. Find out more details.
What Else to Watch for This Week
MONDAY, SEPT. 23
Flu Shots: Orland Township is offering flu shots to residents from Sept. 23 through Oct 28, at the township office, 14807 S. Ravinia Ave., Orland Park. Shots for residents between 19 and 65 years old are $20, and shots for children 18 years and younger are free (some restrictions apply). Find out more details.
WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 25
- Starting a Business Seminar: This presentation, which runs from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at the Village Hall's Kallsen Center, will give prospective entrepreneurs strategies and resources to assist them as they start their businesses. Registration is required. Find out more details.
- Property Tax Appeal Seminar: Homeowners can find out how to appeal their assessments at this presentation from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Village Hall. Find out more details.
THURSDAY, SEPT. 26
Speed Networking Breakfast: The Tinley Park Chamber of Commerce lets business owners network with chamber members during this 90-minute event that begins at 8 a.m. at Odyssey Country Club. Registration is required. Find out more details.
FRIDAY, SEPT. 27
Friday Flicks: The Tinley Park Public Library will screen Hotel Transylvania at 6:30 p.m. Find out more details.
SATURDAY, SEPT. 28
- Pancake Breakfast: Southwest Community Services, 6775 Prosperi Drive, will hold this food event from 8 to 11 a.m., to help fund its Friends and Family of SCS nonprofit association. Find out more details.
- Franciscan Fall Festival: St. Coletta's of Illinois, 18350 Crossing Drive, will hold its annual fall event at 9 a.m. A craft fair, face painting, food and more will be part of the festival. Find out more details.
- St. George School Oktoberfest: This event includes local craft beer samplings, a bean bag tournament, traditional German food, live music and more. The festival is for ages 21 and older and runs from 6 to 11 p.m. at St. George School, 6700 W. 175th St. Find out more details.
Check out Tinley Park Patch's Events Calendar to find out what else is going on and to add your own activities to the mix.