Residents with unused or expired prescription medications are invited to turn them in for safe disposal Saturday, Oct. 26, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Orland Police Department, 15100 S. Ravinia Ave.
- Mokena Police Department, 10907 Front St.
- Midlothian Police Department, 14801 S. Pulaski Rd.,
The National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day aims to provide a safe, convenient, and responsible means of disposing of prescription drugs, while also educating the general public about the potential for abuse of medications.
What Else to Watch for This WeekendFRIDAY, OCT. 25
Scary Stories at Tinley Park Public Library: Looking for a good scare? The Tinley Park Public Library will host Stories Where You Dare to Wander – Creepy Classics with Grant Fitch on Oct. 25, from 6:30 to 7:30 pm. Fright levels will differ across three rooms—so guests can pick their scare score. Especially for teens, Grant Fitch returns to The Loft to tell creepy classics. His dramatic readings of the best of 200 years of spooky writing, from classic horror to modern suspense, are sure to give you shivers. Find out more.
SATURDAY, OCT. 26
Zombies! At the Library! Stop into the library for a special screening of the movie World War Z, rated PG-13, 116 minutes, at 1 p.m. and stay for a discussion about the genre. Faculty members from Moraine Valley Community College have generously agreed to bring their insight to our library. How is the image of the zombie used and where did it come from? Why does this resonate with readers and movie-goers? Find out more.
Free Paper Shredding and Electronics Recycling, Courtesy of Sen. Michael Hastings: Residents with paper, or outdated electronics, piling up can take advantage of a free paper shredding event organized by the folks at Sen. Michael Hastings office. From 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 26, residents are welcome to recycle:
- Electronics: Computers, Cables, Modems, Fax Machines, Hard Drives, Keyboards, Mice, Speakers, Monitors, Motherboards, Printers, Servers, Calculators, Cell Phones. *No items that may dispense hazardous fumes, liquids, or gases.
- Paper: Invoices, Tax Records, Financial Records, Legal Documents, Cancelled Checks, Medical Records, Credit Card Receipts, Outdated Business Records, Correspondence and Memos
The event is held at the senator's office, 813 School Ave., in Matteson. Find more info.
Thinking of heading into the city? Check out our roundup of Halloween festivities: Three Great Things to Do Downtown This Weekend
Check out Tinley Park Patch's Events Calendar to find out what else is going on and to add your own activities to the mix.
Want to catch a movie? Check out Tinley Park Patch's Movies Friday, which features films and showtimes in the area.