Tinley Park Historical Society
The Tinley Park Historical Society is centered around two buildings: the old Zion Lutheran Church (est. 1884) and a replica of an early Tinley Park school house/village hall. The Historical Society houses an impressive array of early settler artifacts, all of which were donated by local families. The Landmark Chapel and New Saenger Hall can be rented out for weddings.
The Tinley Park Historical Society urges visitors to donate to support this piece of local history.
- Hours: Wed,10am - 2pm, other hours by appointment
- Handicap Accessible: Ramp into the school house replica
- Founding Date: Jul 01 1974
- Ticket information: Free to the public
- Student discounts: No
- Senior discounts: No
- Private parties: Yes
- Food/drink: No
- Alcohol served: No
- Coat/bag check: No
- Parking: On-street: free
- Restrictions: No alcohol
- What makes this community special?: The volunteers play a significant part in maintaining the historical site and other parts of the village.
- What is an interesting historical or little known fact about this town?: Tinley Park has a museum and wedding hall.
- Guided tours?: Yes
- Guided tour languages: English
- Audio tours?: No
- Gift shop: Yes
- Gift shop hours: Wednesday 10am-2pm
- Cameras allowed?: Yes