Walter F. Fierke Education Center
More than 300 students from northern Tinley Park and southwestern Oak Forest attend the Fierke Education Center, tucked in a residential Oak Forest neighborhood. The center contains a public pre-Kindergarten, as well as an elementary school.
The school was named after former Superintendent Walter F. Fierke, who headed the District 146 from 1941 to 1972.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 9am - 3:20pm
- Handicap Accessible: Building is fully ADA-compliant
- Founding Date: 1972
- Number of students: 366
- Public/Private: Public
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 17.4 district-wide
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 165 district-wide
- How engaged is the school with the community?: 100 percent parental contact rate according to most recent state report card. State average is 96.7.
- Grade levels: K to 5
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library, Sports facilities
- Sports teams: Intramural sports available
- Student clubs: Art Club, Bee Green Team, Chorus, Homework Hang Out Club, Intramurals, Rainbows, Reading Mentor Club, Student Council, Yearbook